At St Gerard’s we believe that Social Emotional Learning is at the centre of our student code of behaviour. We promote the skills and attitudes required to be self and socially aware, able to self-manage, develop good relationships and make responsible decisions.
St Gerard’s School aims to assist students to:
- Recognise and identify their emotions
- Recognise their own personal strengths and weaknesses
- Maintain and improve their self confidence
- Regulate their own emotions to handle stress
- Control situations and impulses, to persevere in overcoming obstacles
- Set personal and academic goals and work towards achieving them
- Appreciate differences and similarities
- Empathise with others
- Establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships
- Constructively resolve conflict and to seek assistance when it is needed
- Co-operate and resist inappropriate peer pressure
- Make decisions based on consideration of the relevant factors, including safety concerns, ethical and moral standards
- Assess the likely consequences of their own actions
- Be resilient.